University is an institution that offers the highest education level and research and awards academic degrees in several academic disciplines. It also provides undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the United States. When any individual passed 12th standard, then needs to study higher studies in Universities which is very important to get jobs and live an independent life.
There are top 5 Universities in the USA as discussed below –
1. Harvard University – It is one of the top 5 USA universities for students all over the world. This university is established in 1636 and is one of the oldest higher education institutions in the United States. Harvard University is widely regarded in terms of its reputation, academic pedigree, and influence as a leading university worldwide.
This university is situated in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is 3 miles north-west of Boston. Harvard University offers two theatres, five museums with a 209-acre campus, and Radcliffe Institute for advanced study to their students. This university also has the most extensive academic library system worldwide, with 180,000 serial titles, 10 million photographs, and 400 million manuscript items. There are about 21,000 students studied at this university.
2. Stanford University – It is situated 35 miles south of San Francisco and 20 miles north of San Jose. Stanford University is one of the largest university campuses in the United States, covering an estimated area of 8,180 acres with 18 interdisciplinary research institutes.
This university also has seven schools such as School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences, School of Medicine, Graduate School of Education, School of Humanities and Sciences, School of Engineering, and Law School. California senator Leland Stanford and his wife have founded this university in the year 1885. Leland Stanford has only one child who had died due to typhoid. Thus, Stanford decided to build a university on their farm was intended as a memorial.
3. Columbia University – It is one of the top 5 USA universities and is a private Ivy League research university in Upper Manhattan, New York City. This university was established in 1754 and was founded as a King’s College by the royal charter of George II of Great Britain. In the year 1784, this university was renamed Columbia College.
Now, this university is the third most selecting college in the United States. Columbia University is also the second most selective in the Ivy League after Harvard University. This university has 20 schools and also had global research outposts all over the world. Around 28,000 students were studied in this university, with approximately 8,500 undergraduate students.
4. University of Pennsylvania –It is also a private Ivy League research university and covers more than 279 acres in the city of Philadelphia. Benjamin Franklin has founded this university in the year 1740. There are about 21,599 students studied at this university.
This university provides opportunities to discover new passions and interests by offering a wide diversity of religious, social, cultural, and political activities. It also arranges sports competitions, including athletics and ice hockey, with various competitive recreational and instructional sports clubs.
5. Cornell University – It is also one of the best universities in the United States and was established in the year 1865 to teach and make significant contributions to all the fields of knowledge. Ezra Cornell has founded this university and covers 2,300 acres with administrative buildings, laboratories, museums, academic buildings, auditoriums, and athletic facilities.