In the vast trucking industry, from shipping and communications to back office and productivity, technology has percolated every aspect.
From the revolution happening in technology every day, every vehicle fleet businesses seem to have an extra tool in their hands to track their most important assets – their people and fleets.
Advances in fleet tracking systems have upgraded the vehicle fleet industry.
Even though GPS fleet tracking systems existed for decades, the outbreak of connected devices and the internet helps the trucking industry to improve its efficiency.
With the help of GPS inventory management software, fleet managers can track their vehicles and gain knowledge about their fleets to maintain fuel management systems and improve operation and profitability.
Nowadays, GPS tracking systems are mandatory in the day-to-day operations of vehicle fleets.
What is a GPS tracking system?
A global positioning system or GPS is a worldwide navigation satellite used to track the location of the fleets and drivers remotely.
The GPS depends on the receiver and a transmitter that is placed inside the navigation devices and phone which sends signals to the receiver placed inside the many satellites in space.
Benefits of GPS for fleets
Fleet tracking systems can be installed in every fleet to track the activities of the vehicle and drivers. The dash cam truck and vehicle CCTV cameras are connected to the GPS vehicle tracker for better performance and to track the real-time operations of the fleets.
Let’s have a deeper look into the several other benefits of GPS vehicle tracking systems.
- Smarter planning of routes: GPS fleet tracking systems help to find the best and worst roads by providing past traveling history using location maps. By analyzing that information, fleet managers can optimize routes and find less busy roads. Optimizing shorter routes leads to an increase in the efficiency and productivity of an organization.
- Preventing cargo theft: GPS for trucks helps to prevent cargo and fleet theft during travel. If the fleet deviates from the right path, GPS immediately intimates fleet managers about the issue so that they can take action and track the real-time location of the fleets.
- Real-time alerts are automated: GPS tracking can help the fleet managers to track the vehicle in real-time and they can create virtual geofencing alerts when the vehicle enters and exits the job site. Managers don’t need to track the vehicles as it provides automated notifications which in turn reduces the administrative burden. If there is any delay in the routes, managers can inform the clients prior.
- Block unauthorized vehicle use: Vehicle fleet managers can easily identify whether the vehicle is used for personal jobs or side works of the drivers by installing real-time GPS tracking systems as well as location data.
- Usage-based invoicing: With the help of GPS tracking systems, fleet administrators can easily identify the vehicle exit and vehicle entry into the client’s place, so that the time can be calculated automatically and the invoice is generated based on the time. It reduces manual errors and repeated invoices.
- The administrative burden is reduced: With the help of GPS tracking systems, vehicle fleet managers can eliminate the burden of the administration by reducing the manual paperwork and unnecessary phone calls to drivers. If any information is needed about the fleet, managers can look into the fleet management dashboard to get real-time information instead of making a call to the drivers.
- Better customer service: Real-time GPS tracking device provides any relevant data from the vehicle so that it provides better customer service and keeps the business in hand over competitive edges.
- Reduced fuel usage: In the trucking industry, fuel cost is the major operational expenditure of vehicles. Managing fuel usage by providing shorter routes and reducing waste can help the fuel management system. The proper fuel management system can increase the productivity and profitability of the facility.
Why is GPS tracking a profitable business?
Entering a new business is always challenging for any new entrepreneur. Many new businesses find hard times surviving if competitions are heavy.
It is important to choose the industry that succeeds. The GPS tracking industry is fresh, ripe, and filled with lots of opportunities. Read on to know more details about this industry full of opportunities.
- GPS tracking industry is booming
The GPS tracking market is growing day by day. This industry is heading upwards at its record speed, so it is great news for any new entrepreneurs.
The demand for the GPS tracking market will never decrease, paving way for many new opportunities.
If the organization can work effectively and efficiently in the GPS tracking business, it can extend the business by providing different GPS tracking services to various vehicles.
Extending services to other vehicle-owning businesses can grow the clientele and popularity.
- You decide on your domain
GPS tracking industries also have a wide variety of domains. Choosing the best one can help you grow stronger. The different niches of the GPS tracking industry for
- Consumer vehicles
- facebook geofencing
- Government institutions or NGOs
Deciding on your domain can give you clarity about other costs involved.
- You Can be your boss
Being our boss in a growing industry like GPS tracking can give you the freedom to choose responsibly and act wisely. Bossing around several drivers and freight vehicles does involve the responsibility of safeguarding them, and keeping them safe and assured.
- Financial freedom
Owning a GPS tracking business gives you the financial freedom to apply and get easy access to loans. You will have a good backup to support in case of financial assistance.
- Minimal human resources
GPS tracking works with software and hardware, so you require minimal human resources to maintain it. The monthly payment for the recruits will also be reasonable leaving minimal monthly expenses.
- Low competition
The GPS tracking industry is a new growing platform where there are no big players. The playground is all yours to knock, grow and win.
As demand climbs up in GPS tracking devices and services, one can take chances to experience the above perks and grow profitable.